Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

    town of wise law as stated on the official town website said that for any new constructions or improvements including decks and fences,a zoning permit, and building permit must be obtained, and work must me done by a licensed contractor. But when I complained about my neighbor having handymen building a nearly 7 feet high and 50 feet long wall right smack on the property line, I was informed the one and only person who deals with that was not working today, and no one else can do anything or even tell me if the proper permits were issued. When I told them that the neighbor in question was "Wise Town Attorney. Don Pippen" Town Manager stated, That he didn't need a permit for a fence" When I told her that the official site for Wise said otherwise, she disputed it, and said the site was "in error" and would have it removed from the site, as if to say it was never there, would she have done this had he not been the town attorney, but just any neighbor. not on the site, but the town law states that any fence over 6 ft high may not be built within 5 feet of property line. This a 6ft8 high wall. The worker came into my yard to cut limbs from a tree that is my yard, without so much as asking, no notice at all, they left limbs in my yard. I told them to move them, and the "contractor charged into my yard and got with a foot or so of my face, and like a 4th grade bully yelled "you make me move it" I told him him to get off my property immediately, and he didn't budge, I threatened to call the police, he yelled again " call them" I told Pippen to get him off my land, and he did. The county building and zoning office also told me that the town of wise requires permits for fences of such size, and must be done by a contractor licensed by in wise the town. If you are a contractor or homeowner, and had to get a permit to build a fence you are entitled to a refund. Please comment, I know there a similar experiences out there

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

    Sue um!!...LOL I don't think the llaw can change for anyone including the town attorney.Hope you got the ladies name that told ya all that..
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dubltop's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2007
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

    You live in town and are just now finding out that local govt. (officials and cops) don't play by the same rules?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

    actually yes. The only problem I ever had previously with anyone in Wise, was back in the winter. Wise does their own snow removal in town limits, not VDOT. They would clear the drive way and parking lot at the town hall first, while main street would be still snow covered and very slick, and VDOT had most of the county roads cleared before Wise would even start touching their main roads. When I called and complained, nothing!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Town of Wise building laws, playing favorites

    We should do another raid on Gladeville.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •